2.000 LDK Projects: A significant milestone for LDK Consultants but also for the Greek entrepreneurship.
When Mr. Leonidas Damianidis, current Group President, founded an Engineering Firm in 1968, he had the vision of a company that would provide development consulting and engineering in Greece and abroad. What he might not have imagined was that the company would later on carry assignments in more than 110 countries and be considered one of the leading multidisciplinary consultancies in Southeast Europe, the Middle East and the Mediterranean Basin.
LDK’s Expertise Milestones:
1968 Buildings Engineering ► 1978 Environmental Management ► 1981 Energy Policy and Regional Planning ► 1992 Socioeconomic Development ► 2003 Transportation Engineering ► 2005 Water Resources ► 2012 Climate Change
The two following diagrams depict our sector breakdown and location of our projects cumulatively since 1968.
Representative Projects :
- Energy planning for the Cyclades islands and Evrytania
- The Athens Tram - Design for procurement, installation and commissioning
- Oil exploration in Western and Northern Greece (onshore, offshore) - Oil & Gas Environmental Impact Assessment and Health and Safety studies
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (designed by Renzo Piano) - Construction Documents, Tender Stage Support, Site Supervision
- Hilton and Grande Bretagne Hotels in Athens – Engineering Design and supervision
Cyprus: Evaluation and restructuring of the electricity market in Cyprus
Kosovo: Assistance to the Energy Regulatory Office
Romania: MARR-FUND-Regional Development Programme for the rehabilitation of regions affected by the closing of mines
Middle East and Africa
Sustainable Water Integrated Management Support Mechanism (SWIM-SM) – Technical Assistance on water management to all countries of the Middle East and Northern Africa.
Mediterranean Hot Spot Investment Programme - Project Preparation and Implementation Facility for large environmental infrastructure project.
Αbu Dhabi: Shikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Centre for Marine Research, Umm AL-Quwain engineering design and supervision
Bahrain: Bahrain International Airport Expansion Project – Airport Development Planning and Infrastructure Concept Design Consultancy Services, Environmental Services
Dubai: Dubai Municipality Hatchery – engineering design
Jordan: Development of a National Strategy to Improve the Municipal Solid Waste Management Sector in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
Lebanon: Assistance to the Rehabilitation of the Lebanese Administration - Programme Monitoring Consultancy
Qatar: DOHA Metro-Red line South - Design Verification Engineering (DVE) services for the construction Joint venture
Saudi Arabia: KAP 2B Project - Military Installations Design Review
Sub Saharan Africa
Ghana: Klagon-Tema Residential Development contract management, engineering design and supervision
Kenya: Sarit Centre - Retail Anchor Mixed-Use Development engineering design and supervision, I&M Bank Headquarters, engineering design and supervision
Tanzania: Tune Hotel in Dar Es Salaam, engineering design and supervision
Baku: INOGATE Technical Secretariat and Integrated Programme in support of the Baku Initiative and the Eastern Partnership energy objectives
European Union-China: Liaoning Integrated Environmental Programme (LIEP), LOT E: Energy Management, Technical Assistance
Turkey: Technical Assistance for the Civil Society Dialogue-Parliamentary Exchange and Dialogue
- Establishment of Business Communication Centers in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan - Promotion and Development of local SMEs, Creation of Business links between local and international Business Communities
- Integrated Energy saving strategy and set-up of the Uzbekistan Energy Centre - Provision of advice and assistance to Uzbekistan in the development and implementation
EUROCLIMA: EU- funded Technical Assistance concerning climate change mitigation and adaptation to all pertinent ministries of the countries of Latin America.
- European Commission Framework Contract COM 2011 LOT 3 and BENEF 2013 LOT 5: Conferences. Provision, via individual assignments defined and contracted through Specific Contracts, of the appropriate logistics support for conferences and similar events organisation, mobilised at very short notice
LDK is now a Group of 9 consulting and engineering companies with offices in Athens, Brussels, Bucharest, Limassol, Belgrade and Nairobi.
It offers its services to the International Funding Institutions and donor community, ministries and regulatory authorities, as well as large multinational industries, hotel and real estate developers, contractors and constructors.