ldk.gr - Main Component
Engineering consulting for transport infrastructure projects is an important part of LDK's service portfolio.
Areas of activity include tramways & metros, suburban & high speed railways, motorways, airports and harbours & marinas. Provided services cover all project phases from feasibility studies and planning, to design and supervision, both for private and public clients.
LDK, being a professional designer of mechanical and electrical installations for transport projects and transport infrastructure projects, has gained significant experience and offers advanced services in design, costing, supervision and project management. Special attention is given by LDK's engineers to issues of system reliability, ease of maintenance, energy conservation, systems & people safety, selection of environmental friendly systems, high quality and state of the art materials, automated operations, and user comfort.
LDK lies at the heart of a new and emerging market of transport in southeastern Europe, and has undertaken the design and management of major transport projects, such as the Athens Tram and the Athens Suburban Railway, sections of the high speed railway axis between Athens and Thessaloniki, as well as sections of the high speed railway axis between Plovdiv and Svilengrad in Bulgaria, all being large-scale infrastructure projects. Our know-how and expertise is exported to Greece's neighbouring countries.
In our work, we use in-house developed software tools for:
- Urban Transport - Traffic: Metro / Tramway / Bus
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Signaling, Traffic Lighting, Energy Management, TPS, Environmental Impacts, Road Safety
- High Speed Railways: Signaling, Traction Power Systems (TPS), Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Environmental Impacts
- Motorways: MEP, Signaling, Environmental Impacts, Road Safety
- Airports: MEP Design, Controlling Systems, Energy and Environmental Management
- Harbors: MEP, Environmental and Safety Measures
- Marinas: Facilities for small and large ships, Environmental Management
- Feasibility Studies Design (conceptual, preliminary, final design)
- Construction Supervision
- Project Budgeting
- Operation & Maintenance
- Project Management
- RAMS Studies
- Safety & Security Planning
Mr Christos Zacharias